The new year is always full of promise and hope for our year ahead, and what better way to start than to overhaul your makeup and skin care routine.
Here are a few pro tips to get you started on looking you best for the year ahead!
1. Throw away all expired makeup. Not only does this de-clutter your life, but it saves you from a world of pain especially if these products later go on to cause skin conditions or even infections. An easy way to keep track of new items is to place a sticker with the date opened for future purchases.
2. Get into the habit of a good skin care routine. Most women neglect to exfoliate their skin regularly and this can clog pores which cause pimples and leave your makeup looking less than desirable. Never forget to moisturise, but ensure you choose one that is specifically for your skin i.e.: dry or oily.
3. Summer in Australia can be very harsh, so always make sure you apply sunscreen. If thats a step to far ensure you choose products that contains SPF ingredients to avoid unwanted pigmentation especially later in life.
4. Unsure how to colour match? Then get it done professionally especially when buying new products. Your colour may have changed due to tanning or the colour might look about right in the jar but unless its been on your face and on a good portion of your face too, you wont know for absolute sure its the correct colour for you.
5. You know that less is always more right? Same with the makeup, try utilising your products in other areas. Use some blush for an eye colour and mix with a clear balm the monochromatic look saving you money and time!